Some more moving tips to help make your move a smooth one
- Use up all your food, so you don’t have to move it.
- Plan for fridge/freezer items
- Defrost freezer/refrigerator.
- Place charcoal to dispel odors.
- Have appliances serviced for moving.
- Clean area rugs and have them wrapped for moving.
- Plan for the special needs of children, pets, and plants
- If using a moving company, check:
- Insurance coverage
- packing and unpacking labor
- arrival day plans
- method and time of expected payment
- Ask about regulations for pets including:
- leash laws, etc.
On Moving Day:
- Carry traveler’s checks for quick available funds.
- Carry currency, jewelry and important documents yourself, or use registered mail.
- Double check closets, drawers, shelves; assure they’re empty.
- Leave all keys needed by the new owner.
- Let close friends or relatives know the route and schedule you will travel including overnight stops
Get your local or cross country Houston moving quote now!
Place an order for moving boxes and packing materials now!
Place an order for earth friendly packing crate rental!